What information we gather and track
We request personal information when you make a booking or an inquiry, correspond with us or engage in certain other activities on our website.
1. If you submit an inquiry or booking on-line with us, we will ask you for information necessary to complete the transaction – such as your name, address, and if making a booking via our secure server, we ask for credit card details.
2. You make the decision whether to proceed with any activity that requests personal information. If you do not wish to provide the requested information, however, you may not be able to complete the transaction.
How do we use the information we gather.
We use personally identifiable information in the following ways:
1. To provide you with information about any requests that are made with regards to the services we offer
2. To assist us in creating content that is relevant to you
3. To assist us in creating better products and services to meet your needs
4. To finalise bookings for your stay at the Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas.
With whom we may share your information
We do not share any collected information about you with any third party with the exception of the Sheraton Mirage Resort.
Please be advised that in certain instances, it may be necessary for the “Getaway Guide” to disclose your personal information to government officials or law enforcement agencies as required by our legal obligations.
We do not use and have no plans in the near future to implement cookies on our website.
We do however track geographic information via our web server logs. None of the information obtain through these means can personally identify you, and no personably identifiable information can be transmitted just by viewing our web pages.